Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011

Hola

I´m not sure how to transfer those recordings, but hopefully i can get bro. Vasquez to help me out.  i think i can do it though.  well, how are are things going?  I was thinking a little bit more about things you could send, I'm not sure if you already sent anything or not but here are some other ideas: Primary song book, those Reese's peanut butter Easter eggs, chewy jolly ranchers, Pepto-Bismol tablets, and my old thumb drive in my room.  just some things that came to mind this week.

We had a hard fought week that ended like a car wreck.  we had the promises of having one of our biggest Sundays, but instead 2 of the families that we solid to come to church fell, and one of our baptisms didn't show up for his confirmation.  I felt so horrible, we have to go straighten some things out.  we defiantly did some things wrong, and the good thing about it was we learned what not to do or we learned what to do.  brutal day, but sometimes that's how we learn best. i can promise you that i will never make the same mistake again.  the thing was we worked hard and this week we are going to work even hard and a lot smarter.  Its getting closer and closer to the transfer and I'm almost positive that I'm going to be changed. in some ways I'm a little glad, but for the most part its going to kill me.  I've definably grown more this transfer than any other. its so true that when you get stretched to the point where you don't think you can handle it, that is when you grown the most.  

I wanted to follow up with my thought last week. not sure if you read the last talk i gave, but this is elder Uchtdorf's sequel.  

"You are my hands"  April 2010   you got to reread this talk

"Christ did not just speak about love. He showed it each day of his life. He didn't just teach a class about reaching out in love and then delegate the actual work to others.  he not only taught but also showed us how to succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees..... As we extend our hands and hearts, toward others in Christ like love, something wonderful happens to us. our own spirits become healed, more refined,  and stronger.  we become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the holy spirit."

I have a testimony of this, when our life's are not going great and we are just in this rut of muck(unhappiness).  its because we are missing this love in our life's.  when we forget about our self's and worry about loving others we with find happiness in this life that heavenly father planned for us to have. i love you all so much, try and find that love in your life. its hard but it make life so much easier. take care   I want you to know i love every single one of you.

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment