Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 6, 2012

Dear Mom,

I got my hands on some Skippy peanut butter.  Within the last 3 days I've eaten 2 loaves of bread worth of PB&J sandwiches.  I love my peanut butter and root beer. 

Well, another transfer has come and gone. Today starts Elder Castro's last change on the mission.  It’s my first time killing someone.  My job this change is to keep the kid´s head in the game for the last 6 weeks.  No, he´s doing good but he loves to remind me how much time he has left.  I'm excited for this transfer, we have a lot of potential.  We just need to animate some families to get married.  Right now we have 4 families waiting to get married so they can get baptized.  Mom, Esperanza is doing really well.  Her problem right now is that the dad of her two boys is super catholic and comes to visit every Miercoles.  He has said that he doesn't want his kids to go to church, but that if Esperanza wants to go she can.   Esperanza told us that her boys loved the church and that they will keep attending.  We told her she is learning quicker than most people, she told us, "I think it just has been my time to find the Church."  I’ll let you know what happens with her in the coming weeks.  Mom, I would love to bring you to a lesson with us, that would be awesome.  I love you, good luck with the homework.  Give those little boys a big hug from me.  Thanks so much.

Con Amor,

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment