Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 19, 2011

Oh Yeah,

We had a pretty dang sweet weekend.  We had some awesome baptisms this week, which was a good way to send Elder Castro home.  When I got here Elder Castro only had 3 months left, and now tomorrow he goes home.  Now I’m the one with 3 months left.  My new comp came in today.  His name is Briggs, Elder Briggs.  He has something like 7 months on the mission and is stoked to work.  I’m excited because we have a lot to do. 

On Sunday we baptized Erik before church.  The kid is a stud!  He was recently married to his now wife, who was a less active but now super active.  They are super excited to get to the temple.  After sacrament meeting we had the baptism of Paulina and America.  They are the daughters of Ignacio, who I have talked a lot about.  We had an awesome lesson with them this past week.   We were kind of at a dead end because Paulina (mom) did not want to get married with Ignacio.  Ignacio has problems with the Marry Jane and it has effected the family a whole heap, especially his relationship with Paulina.  Ignacio has been going to an addiction program that the church offers.  He has been reading the Book of Mormon like a mad man, and he walks with his kids some 3 miles to church on Sundays.  Little by little Ignacio has been winning Paulina back. They have been sitting next to each other, holding hands, being super cozy on the couch. They also told us they are ready to get married.  Their daughters, Victoria, Paulina, and America  are gold.  They just have not had the courage to get baptized without their padre.  In a lesson we had with them, we set a day for them to get married, and then we hit them with the baptismal questions.  We asked if they had any questions and it was silent for a long time and then little Paulina says, "I’ve got a question. Who wants to get baptized with me this Sunday?"  They were super excited and Paulina and America got baptized.  It was one of the most powerful baptisms I’ve ever been in.  Now big Paulina and Ignacio are going to get married this week. Ignacio has to wait a little while to show that he has given up the weed and then they can be baptized with their other daughter, Victoria.  This family is awesome.  They are the reason I’m here.  I can’t tell you how awesome this family is and how much the gospel has changed their lives.  That’s why I’m out here, so that I can help people like them, who desperately need help. 

I love you all so much, keep smiling, and CTRing

Peace is easy.

Elder Gardner

DSCN1042 (1) DSCN1041

No comments:

Post a Comment