Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

Hola,

Things are just rolling along here in the colmena. We have had a lot of work the last couple of days.  Right now we have many families that are ready for baptism, but for the law of chastity or word of wisdom we are at a road block.  We are teaching a guy named Ignacio.  He would have been baptized a long time ago if it wasn't for the drugs.  He is starting right now in Mosiah in the Book of Mormon.  He told us when we explained the Book of Mormon that he has been waiting for an account of Jesus coming to the Americans.  We are teaching his kids and wife also.  The other day Ignacio's kids were sick and he asked if we could offer a prayer for them.  We gave them each a blessing.  When we passed by for our next visit  Ignacio was eager for his kids to tell us how they were cured because of the blessing.  Knowing that it was fast and testimony meeting this past Sunday, Ignacio was trying to animate his kids to bear their testimonies about there experience with the blessing.  This is a very special family but they just have to get over  a couple hurdles to take the next big step of baptism.  We have three baptisms planned for this weekend.  I'm praying it all goes well.  I will let you know next week how it all pans out.

So, to answer the question, mom,  the secretaries told me that my return date is the 13 of June.  That is not a for sure date, they will send you an email with all that info when it gets a little closer.  I am starting to get a little concerned how it is all going to go down with school and every thing.  Do I need to sign up for my classes now, or will I have time to do that when I get back?

I read a talk from Elder Lawrence Corbrige this past week and wanted to share this quote from his talk.

"Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up.  You never give up!  You just keep on going.  You don't quit, and you will make it.  There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment.  Jesus Christ is the way.  Every other way, any other way, whatever other way is foolishness." 

Have a great week, and I’ll talk to you next week.
Love,

Elder Gardner 

No comments:

Post a Comment