Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012

O Phoenix, cant wait to get down there when i get back.  Evan promised me that he is going to take we to a Suns game and introduce me to Steve Nash, and then buy me an i pod.  At least that's what I understood when I was reading between the lines from the last letter he sent me.  Sounds like you had an awesome spring break. 

It was a good week, other than the fact that our family of investigators that we brought to church got up after sacrament meeting and literally ran out the door.  We were confused but I guess that is a pretty good sign that they don't want to learn about the church anymore.  The highlight of the week was Luis-Nephi.  The guy is a stud.  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and he loved it.  I have never taught anyone who really understood the importance of the Plan like Luis did.  Every part of the lesson he was on the edge of his seat. Throughout the lesson he would tell us that what we were talking about was very important.  He is right.  He taught me a lot about how important this plan is.  At the end of the lesson he kept telling us how very wise our words were, and then he asked us if he could offer the closing prayer.  In his word he kept giving thanks for what he learned and for sending Briggs and Gardner to him.  He prayed for the strength to be able to get to the Celestial Kingdom.  At the end of his prayer he looked up and with tears rocketing out of his eyes he said in his Mexican English,  "Its like Happiness".  It was awesome, LuisNefi is awesome.  He is going to be baptized on Sunday, I’ll send you some pics next week.  Elder Briggs and I are on our quest to find the escogidos that are in our area, because its the best way we can help La Colmena. 

I love you so much, have a splendid week.  thanks for sharing the script in sec. 6. 

: )

Elder Gardner

P4060021

P4130056P4130057

No comments:

Post a Comment