Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012

I continue to be reminded about how amazing my mom and dad are.  I love you both so much.  I want to let you know again how grateful I am for you both.  We as children could not ask for better parents. 

It was a good fought week.  We stepped up our game here in the colmena.  I feel like we are doing what we need to do to receive the miracles we and the people here need.  Luis Nephi had a great week, that's not to say it didn't come without difficulties.  We helped him through his jitters, and now Luis Nephi is the newest member of la colmena.  We asked him how it was going with the Book of Mormon.  He told us it was going great.  He said he was reading before one of his classes and all of his students started to come in and everyone was asking him if he was Mormon.  Very proudly he said "yes, I'm Mormon."  Then he explained a little about the church.  He gave us a great reference that we are going to visit today.  He is a great missionary.  His baptism was awesome.  When he came out of the water he went right up to the bishop and told him, “Obispo i just got baptized!”  Luis has taught us all a lot about how great a blessing it is to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. 

The Church is true, and everybody needs to know it.  I'm grateful to be a missionary.  It was a shocker for me last week to read that Kevin is home.  I think even more of a shocker because I know I'm next.  Not sure if I'm ready for my next mission to start.  I love you all.  Choose the right!

Elder Gardner

Just a shout out to my boy Vance that made it through his cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment