Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1, 2012

Hola,
¿Como le va en Utah?
Right before I left on the mission I asked Marc if he could give me a little advice to help me out as I was ready to enter the MTC.  This email has helped me out so very much in my mission.  At the end of the email he told me, "The field is white, Tyler, get ready to harvest as much as you can!"  I want you to know that it’s true. God is preparing people all around the world to receive the knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  One of these escogidos is Luis Nefi.  He was confirmed with the Holy Ghost on Sunday.  Luis is a very friendly person and introduced us to one of his conocidos, Luz Maria, Jesus, and Paulo.  We started to teach them this past week. I don’t think I’ve ever taught an entire family that was so excited about the Church.  The funnest thing on the mission is teaching people who have been prepared and are excited.  President told me I was sent here to the colmena to strengthen this ward.  The best way we can do that as missionaries is find the escogidos.  We started a new change in the mission, which will be my last.  I’ve never been so excited to start a change before and it’s because I know without a doubt there escogidos en our area, and i know how to find them.  Part of this excitement, I think, has come from my study of the Atonement. I know, now more than ever, that every good thing in this life comes from what our Savior did for us.  Without the Atonement, this life has no significance. But, because He did the will of God, this life means the chance at Salvation, never ending happiness with God and our families.  The church is true, God lives, the Atonement is complete, thanks to a Son that put all his trust in His father, and never failed.  I love you all.  I’m going to give it my all this last 6 weeks.
I think we are going to use Skype again, if that ok.  I’ll let you know the horario next week.
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment