Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello from Tepotzotlan

So i´m pretty much in mexico city, but not techniquly. The city is called Tepotzotlan, but the zone i´m in is called Cuautitlan, another city. its pretty cool place, down town Tepo has this huge anciant catholic cathidrol.(o boy my english skills are leaving me, please forgive the spelling). every sunday the whole town has a huge party party in down town Tepo, its pretty cool but stinks that its on sundays. I wonder if marcs heard of this area. I´m companions with Elder Rosales R. he´s from torion, he wants to learn english, so we trade of learning new words each day. he´s super patient with me, and how long it takes me to talk.
Its been a very intresting week for me, full of highs and lows. This work is hard, and it doesn´t help that i can´t communicate, but it all clicked for this week. last sabado we were walking around and visited a contact from the previous day. they had no time to talk to us, because they were making these obleas for the dad´s work. we asked if we could help and the padres gladly accepted. after that we walk half way down the street and there was a less active family filling in their house with dirt, we ask if we could help and they glady accepted. we helped them for maybe an hour and a half. this inactive family has not been to church for something like 5 or 6 weeks, because of something that happened with the past missionaries. the change that came over this family from when we started to help them till we we finished was a miracle. the mom was close to tears when we left, because of what we did. as much as these families apreciated the help, i think i got more out of it then they did. in a week that at times was hard, after these acts of service i was filled with so much love, excitment, and wanting to do better and more. i can´t tell you how much that has changed the way i look at the mission, trials, and life. I felt as though my comp. and me were respectively Robin hood and little John. Just going around helping those in need, jumping fences, people treating us like outlaws. well, this analogy sounded better in my head.
I´m glad to hear every one is doing good. i´m trying not to think about thanksgiving, because i found out it doesn´t exsist down here. i´m going to miss being with you guys on turkey day.

I read this quote and it effected my quite a bit
pres. hinkley said "Keep trying, Be beileving. Be happy. don´t get discouraged. things will work out!
I love you all so much and hope you are happy.

Love
Elder Gardner
Ps. we only allowed to only write one email to our family. let every one know that i enjoy there letters so, much and i love to hear from them, but that i can´t respond to them directly, i´ll try to do so through these letters. don´t stop writing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment