Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 13, 2011

Hola Mama,

I feel so good to know that you all are doing great.  Thanks for sharing that scripture with me mom, it was something I needed to hear.  Well, I just looked at the photos from the wedding and reception that Becky sent me.  I was staring at the pic with all the fam and I was flippin'.  I can not believe how different you all look.  Especially my chubby brother Marc.  And who told the girls they could grow up?  I'm excited to come back and hang out with my little sisters.  I've got to make up for some time that I wasted before the mission.  O, boy I love our family.  

It was a good week, we were able to go to the temple this week and it was awesome.  I was able to see a lot of my old comps, and other elders I haven't seen for ages.  We ended the week and this transfer with 2 baptisms. They both were great, a little stressful, but nonetheless great.  Our baptism on Saturday was a nephew of some of my first converts here in Prado's.  The baptism on Sunday was the son of Rosario (the lady i told you about that pulled the joke on us that she was a member), José.  The elders of the ward that meets before us had a baptism, and knew that we would be baptizing right after them. We checked the font at the beginning of our services and it was full.  We started the baptism service and then  someone came up to me and said "is it a problem that there is no water in the font?" I thought he was playing, but I checked it and for sure there wasn't a drop in the font.   So after the opening prayer we had to announce to everyone that there wasn't water in the font.  We postponed the baptism until we could fill the font.  The only problem was that the boiler wasn't working so the water was freezing.  My comp baptized José, and it was his first baptism.  José has 11 years and so he didn't handle the cold water very well .  Let’s just say my comp had a difficult time dunking the kid.  José was flipping out.  My comp finally put him under and José came out of the water screaming like a banchee.  Super funny but kind of distracted from the spirit.  The good side of it all is that the kid is never going to forget his baptism. 

So the results of changes is that I'm staying with my guero son for one change mas, the next change is the day after Christmas.  All is well in the land, I love you so much and hope you have a great week.

Love

Elder Gardner 

No comments:

Post a Comment