Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

Hola Familia,

First Week in La Colmena.  You would not believe this place.  It is straight hills.   But these aren't your every day rolling hills, these are straight up mountains.  The last elder that was here before me lost 30 kilos.  My comp has lost 5.  Looks like I'm going to have some knarly calves when I get back.  So I'm in the barrio Colmena and this is a legendary area.  I know a lot of elders who have had a lot of success here, but something went wrong and the ward took a tank.  Yesterday we had 20 people in church and 7 of them were President Call and his family.   Pres. came to talk to us about what is going on with this area.  He told elder Castro and me that he put us here to lift the ward out of the pits and back to legendary.  My comp has 2 changes left on the mission, and I will die 2 changes after him in this area.  President pretty much told me that I will be here the rest of my mission and that I will kill off elder Castro.  He told us specifically that he wants us to establish the area, and then once Castro is gone he will put me back to training.  So it looks like I’ll have one more son and this one will give me the dagger to the heart, and kill me off.  I was super surprised, but stoked for this new trail that I have to revive La Colmena to what it was.  I feel like this is the biggest challenge that I've had on the mission, I feel like my whole mission God was preparing me for this area. 

I love you all so much and hope all is super awesome.  God loves our family and in this new year we will again see evidence of this.  God has made the Plan.  We as members of his church understand this plan.  If we do all that God has asked, He will keep his end of the bargain,  LA VIDA ETERNA.  I pray for you all each night, and know god will bless us in this new year. 

CTR

Keep smiling

Peace it easy

God Bless

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment