Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Hola de La Colmena

So the rumors were true, I'm not in Valle Dorado.  It is the neighboring zone to the one I was just in.  So I didn’t move very far, but it is crazy how much different this place is then Prado's.  It is straight up hills.  My comp is Elder Castro.  He has 22 months on the mission, and we get along really well.  I'm excited to be with a Mexican again because my Spanish really needs it.  All I know about this area is that it is doing horrible right now.  From what my comp told me the ward is dead.  We have a couple of possible, but really new, investigators.  I'm so excited for 5 o’clock today, because we are going to hit this area so hard.  

It was great to talk with everyone. Dang, Skype is so much cooler than the phone call.  It would have worked so much better, but the problem was my computer.  My comp was Skyping on a different computer in the same house, that's why it was so slow.  My comp said that when I got off, it worked so well.  The picture was clean and the audio was quick.  The problem was just that we were using it at the same time.  For mothers day we've got to do it again.  It will be so much better if my comp and I don't go at the same time. 

Mom, I do worry about you guys.  But at the same time, I know it will all work out. That confidence comes because I know my parents are worthy of God’s blessings.  When we do our part, God will always bring us forth Conquerors.  How lucky our we to be part of a family where everyone is sealed in the temple and striving for the same goals (eternal families).  Worried about the challenges that our family has? Yes.  Absolutely sure that God will take care of us? ¡YES!

I was super shocked about what happened with Vance.  He´s a tough kid and will make it through it.  No doubt the prayers are coming from Mexico. 

I love you all so much. 

Elder Gardner

CTR

No comments:

Post a Comment