Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011

Thanks Mom I love you so much,

They have the Feliz Navidad "I want to wish you a marry Christmas"song playing in this cafe, it has a whole new meaning for me now.

So get this, I just got an email from Pres. and he says we can use Skype for the call home. Not sure if that is easier, but my comp says that it’s completely free, you just have to set up an account. I think it would be cool to do the Skype but have a backup plan just in case something goes bad. Tell me what you think.

So this is the lesson I learned this week. "Your task is to live worthily, pray fervently, and learn to recognize and follow courageously the spirits guidance." The spirit is the most important aspect of the obra misional, and that definitely rolls into our everyday lives, well your everyday lives, because this is my everyday life. I have had such a struggle trying to discern when I'm receiving revelation and what that revelation is. I remember a talk that Elder Bednar gave in the MTC. He said about following the spirit, "Be a good boy, Be a good girl and God will guide you." If we are doing what we should be doing God will help us understand his will. It’s something we all need to learn and master; listening to the spirit and following it. We decided to knock some doors on Wednesday.  We had a long street that we had previously decided to knock and we were about to knock the first door.  I then got the most subtle and irremovable feeling to knock the door on the other side of the street.  We did it and knocked the door of a seƱora named Sandra.  She is what we missionaries call GOLD.  She was waiting for someone to come and tell her what to do to come close to God and to help her understand which of all the doctrine is correct.  She has almost finished the Book of Mormon which we gave to her on Thursday.  What would have happened if we knocked the other door first? I'm not sure but for some reason we were led to Sandra, one of Gods escogidos. I didn't know that she lived there, but God did and because of the spirit we were able to find her. I'm trying to be better at acting when I get these subtle feelings, it takes a lot of practice, but to have the guidance of the spirit is essential for this life.  I know God loves us and wants to guide us, for this he has given the gift of the holy ghost to all that make covenants to obey. I love you all.  Thanks mom for an awesome email. cuidate mucho

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment