Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011

I'm super psyched to talk to you guys, but I hope it goes with out problems.  We are looking in to a back up plan if the computers don't work.  Ok, so I know nothing about Skype but we are going to use the computers at some awesome members house.  I'm going to use their account. I guess you have to send a friend request.  Their account is arciniega.ordona but the hermana wrote super crazy so it could be arciniega.orduna just a change of the o to u. Quien sabe, try them both.  Elder Davidson and I are thinking to call at 4 on Sunday, which will be 3 your time.  Hopefully that works out for you guys.   We are going to have an hermana email you to make sure everything checks out.  The bummer is that we only have 40min to talk. 

It’s crazy to me that Garrison and Braden are home. Have you talked to either of the two? I'm pretty dang sure that this is my last week in Prado's.  I will know the changes by the time I talk to you on Sunday.  My 6 months here have been with trials, pains, and frustration, but I also think that I've learned the most in this area.  I love this barrio and the area, and it will hard to leave the converts. 

We had a lot of people lined up to go to church this Sunday, but at the last minute it fell apart.  We ended up bringing one family to church.  Vicente and Francesca, they're awesome.   We found Vicente from a contact that we had.  The guy understands everything really well, but he has a couple of things that we need to work on with him.  He is a big time smoker, but has the desire to give it up.  Something else that had us worried was that he has a room in his house that is dedicated for the Santa Muerte, the holy death.  Super sketchy.  When we asked about it, he told us that it’s a tradition and it’s not bad.  Look up the Santa Muerte online and tell me it’s not bad.  We will  look in to that a little more.  Him and his wife are awesome, and hopefully the will keep going.  I will let you know on Sunday how it goes with him.

I’m excited to talk with you on Christmas.  Hope all is well and that you’re happy.  I love you. Nos vemos Domingo

Elder Gardner

¡la Iglesias es verdadero!  

No comments:

Post a Comment