Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

Evan,

I want you to know that I'm furious.  how can they tell BSU they cant wear blue on the turf.  That is the most ridiculous thing in this world.  What about those others schools like Notre Dame or Marshal who wear green on the their turf.  Tell the NCAA that I strongly disagree...... breath..... ok...... the logo is pretty sick, how did you pull that off?  Dang Evan, sorry about the whole REI deal that stinks.  Apple would be pretty cool to work at, though.  Wait a minute, Megan is head coach? that is awesome!!  When does the season start for her.  Thanks for the update Evan.  Good  luck in the regular season.  What is up with dad’s team name?  Thanks Evan take care, say hi to meg for me.  I love you guys. 

Elder Gardner

P.S.  Oh my gosh i still can’t believe that they can’t wear blue any more.  I want to strangle someone.....breath......ok.....  ok I don’t want to strangle anyone but boy does that burn my curds. 

 

Dear Family,

So, i was sitting in this house of one of the the hermanas and she gave us some agua.  While I was enjoying this glass of agua, I asked the hermana what type of agua it was and she told me agua de coconut,  I was super surprised becasue I was loving it.  Before the misión if I would have drank coconut water I would have thrown up.  It started me thinking of all the things I just love here in Mexico.  First off, the food here is insanely good,  quesadillas,  tacos dorados, pasole, tacos al pastor, chileciles, all the fruit here, the pan, they make water out of everything, the other day I had water of cucumber, dang good.  I don’t know what I'm going to do when I get back to the states and there aren’t tortillas with every meal.  I can’t tell you how much I love buying my tamal con mole in a torta with my steaming hot atole, there is nothing better than that in the morning.  I can’t eat my food with out chile, I still don’t eat super picante but I find myself pushing the limit at every meal.   I have fallen in love with the game of futbol,  I catch myself day dreaming sometimes about playing.   I’m fascinated with how I can get anywhere I want with 7 pesos in a combi.   I always find it hilarious how many people we Mexicans can fit into one car.   I think the thing that I have loved most about being here is those days when every thing is just bomb.  We had one of those days last Saturday .  We took a trip to the temple with 8 new converts ,1 member, and 4 investigators.  It was cool to show them the temple and the beautiful spirit that dwells there.  We had 1 investigator say when she got out of the car,  “whoa, you can feel that this place is special. I feel so beautiful.”  It got even better when I saw my last ward there from Queretaro.  I was super psyched to see all the members  but even better when I saw three of my converts there,  Anayeli and Luis, and Maru.  They were going through for the first time to do baptisms.   One of the most awesome experiences I've had on the mission.  It was a fabulous week, and now we have another.  I'm grateful for all the many things I'm learning, for being here in Mexico, and for all the people I've gotten to know.  I love you all and hope that you all are happy. 

Cuidanse mucho

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment