Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 8, 2011

I'm glad to hear Emily had a good time, I was a huge experience for me too.  Anne didn't go?  We had a great week and found some awesome families.   we had a lady contact us in the street.  Her name is Ines, and she had talked with the missionaries a while back, and for some reason they stopped going by.  She told us that she has kept praying and that it has changed her life.   She has 4 kids, and one of her daughters names is Danilla, she is one of the cutest little girls.  Danilla was born with a problem in her brain that made her deaf.  The doctors have put something in her brain and a something outside so that she can hear, kind of.  She only hears like 15% not sure what that means.  Ines never finished school but in now teaching Danilla how to read, write, and talk.  It’s something that is a great challenge for the family.  Ines is really excited in learning more about the "Mormons", and wants all here kids to learn tambien.  It’s tough with Danilla, because she doesn't understand words like love, God, or prayer.  I've been thinking about you a lot because I know you could help this little girl so much.  Do you have any ideas on how we can teach her in a way that she will understand.  We are excited to start teaching Danilla this week, but it will be tough.  Let me know what you think,mom. 

About the contacts, its going to be a little tougher than we thought but we are seeing fruits from those contacts, not directly but they are coming.  I will let you know what happens with the letter if it ever gets here. thanks for every thing.  I love you so much, keep the smile.  I've got something super awesome for you guys but not sure when it will happen.

 

Love

Elder Gardner 

No comments:

Post a Comment