Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello from Vegas

OK, i'm sorry about not sending pics, but you have to understand that i don't have a lot, but i'll send you some next week. If i send you pics you've got to send me some, i want to see whats going down with everybody (I'm still waiting to see marcs new ride).
speaking of seeing home, i've seen a lot this weekend. we watched this movie about the history of the pioneers, and how they settled in salt lake. at the end of it they were showing all these modern pictures of satl lake and the whole valley. I thought i saw grandmas house. and then during priesthood session i hear that the mtc choir is singing, followed by seeing so many people that i know. during all the songs, when the camera was showing the choir, i couldn't help but point out all of the people i knew, "that kid is in my ward, thats one of my best firends from high school, and that my brother-in-law." it was awesome to see MIke Morris, Josh Stewart, and Drew. I was a little disappointed, it would have been awesome to be there singing with all those missionaries. Between the movie and conference and the letters you forwarded from all my firends, i started to have this realy weird feeling. my compaion later diagnosed me with a small case of trunkiness, its not to bad though, i doing a lot better know. that was really the first time i had expirenced it.
I don't think i've every enjoyed conference so much, it was very much needed though. I was reliefied to find out that we were watching it in english. we went over to a members house and watched all 4 session. they treated us really well, with lazy boys to sit in and bottomless food. I tried to enjoy it as much as i could cause i'm pretty sure that that isn't going to happen down in mexico. it still wasn't as comfortable as waking up to soggy bottom biscuits and working on that yarn cat with the girls during the sessions. you talked a little bit about the talks that you enjoyed, I too can't wait for the ensign to come out and reread all of the talks. I sorry to say mom, that you missed out on the priesthood session though, it was amazing.
Well, I been here in Vegas for a whole transfer. last saturday we got transfer calls and to no surprise i'm staying in redrock. i'm staying with elder sullivan, and Elder Bello is headed up to Tahoe. And then we are going to get an illegal elder on tuesday. staying in the three some. to be honest i'm ready to move on, i'm tired of being the "third wheel". i'm ready to actually start leaning spanish. its tough, but i guess there are still lessons to be learned here in the desert. thanks for your prayers, don't worry about the visa it will all work out.
Sorry again about the pics, but if you send the razor i promise a some pics next week. Mom i need you to do something else for me, i've been thinking resently about the Hegermans and especialy Jack. could you give sis. Hegerman a call and see how they are doing, and let me know. thanks
I learned alot this weekend and many of my questions and prayers were answered. for me the overall message was we have to follow the prophet and the leaders of the church. it seems to always come back to obiediance. i can't wait to go through all of the talks agian in the ensign.

I love you all. thanks for everything

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment