Monday, October 18, 2010

Hola from Las Vegas

Alright i getting very concered of the situaltion i'm in right now. I'm growing rapidly!! and i'm not talking about my height. I first recognized the problem when we were at a members house the other night and the hermana asked me how much weight i'd gained. she told me that i don't look like the same bean poll i was when i got here. I thought things were going alright, but after that comment i've been wieghing myself in the mournings. lets just stay i came out wieghing 190 lbs. i'm now clocking in at a pugey 210. 20 flipp'n pounds. the scary thing is I can't stop it, we at least have 2 meals every night at least. and you know how mexican food is, greasy. I'm hoping that when i get to mexico that because we will be walking that i can loose some wieght. i think its the sitting in the car all day that kills me. anyways about the mexcio visa thing, i know absolutly nothing. i heard a rumor that will be out by the end of october, but november is coming up quick. One of the elders that i flew out hear with is now living in the same apartment as us. we've had many rants about how we can't wait to leave, and how bad it stinks to be a visa waiter. but it hit me hard the other day, if i never got my visa would and was reassigned to vegas would i stay out here. it kind of made me think of why i came out here. i didn't come on my misson to go to mexico i came out here cause i want to serve, and i want to do my part and invite others to come unto christ, regarlesss of where i'm at. I compare my misson and this situation to the Zions camp march. god commanded them to go to missouri and redeem zion only to turn around once they got there. i've read a couple of things on zions camp, and it talks about how that was a time to sort out the people who dedicated to being obeitdant and following god, and those who were out there for them selfs. I come to the conclusion that even though i want to go to mexico so badly, i'm out here to be obeidant and to serve where i'm called, and for the time being i've been called to serve in the Las Vegas West mission. I have no doubt if god wanted me in mexico he would send me there, he has power to get my visa.

I want to share some thing that i was studying this mournig. this is a talk from pres. uchtdorf back in 2007 called, "have we not reason to rejoice"

My dear brothers and sisters, there will be days and nights when you feel overwhelmed, when your hearts are heavy and your heads hang down. Then, please remember, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, is the Head of this Church. It is His gospel. He wants you to succeed. He gave His life for just this purpose. He is the Son of the living God. He has promised:“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28
).“For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee” (3 Nephi 22:10
). “I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer” (3 Nephi 22:8
).My dear friends, the Savior heals the broken heart and binds up your wounds (see Psalm 147:3
). Whatever your challenges may be, wherever you live on this earth, your faithful membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the divine powers of the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless you to endure joyfully to the end.Of this I bear witness with all my heart and mind in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen."
this talk is based off one of my favorite scriptures Alma 26:35. Even though times are difficult, even though the world that we live in is fulll of hatred, and dirt. we have have reason to rejoice, think of what this gospel means to you, and the knowlege we have of the eterneral happiness we are promised if we endure. Mom I love you, and i hurt to know that the family is going through a hard time, but i rejoice because i know that it will be all right in the end. I know god Loves us, He understands our struggles. thank you for who you are and the example you are to me.
I love you all so much
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment